Natural progesterone is produced by the corpus luteum after ovulation and balances the side effects of otherwise unopposed estrogen (estrogen dominance).
Under influences of anovulatory cycles, menopause, stress and environmental antagonists, progesterone production ceases or is suppressed and the effects of Estrogen Dominance, can be observed.
Many women experience otherwise unexplained weight gain from the lack of progesterone that is required for proper thyroid function.*
It is also important that we distinguish Natural Progesterone from Yam extract and from its counterparts in the drug industry – PROGESTOGENS/PROGESTINS. Although these drugs are commonly referred to as “progesterone”, this is a misnomer.
In some ways they mimic the effects of progesterone in the body, but in other important ways they gravely interfere with natural progesterone and can create and exacerbate hormone related health problems. These drugs are a primary contributor to the condition referred to as
- Food Cravings (chocolate)
- Increased Body Fat
- Interference with Thyroid Hormone Activity (hypo-thyroid)
- Depression & Headaches
- Salt and Water Retention
- Blood Sugar Irregularities (Food Cravings)
- Reduced Oxygen in All Cells
- Decreased Libido (Sex Drive)
- Loss of Zinc and Retention of Copper
- Excessive Blood Clotting
- Increased Risk of Breast Cancer
- Reduced Vascular Tone
- Increased Risk of Endometrial Cancer
- Uterine Cramping
- Increased Risk of Ovarian Cancer
When the above list of ill-effects is compared to effects of progesterone, we see a significant correlation.
Benefits of Natural Progesterone
- Helps Use Fat for Energy
- Facilitates Thyroid Hormone Action
- Natural Anti-depressant
- Natural Diuretic
- Normalizes Blood Sugar Levels
- Restores Proper Cell Oxygen Levels
- Restores Libido by Increasing Testosterone
- Normalizes Menstrual Cycles
- Normalizes Zinc & Copper Levels
- Normalizes Blood Clotting
- Helps Normalize Breast Epithelial cells
- Strengthens Endometrium
- Helps Normalize Ovarian Function
- Precursor for Cortisone Production
- Precursor for Estrogen Production
- Precursor for Testosterone Production
Of the varied methods of normalizing progesterone levels, since 1995, a properly formulated cream, one free of petro-chemicals, free of Chinese progesterone and free of Genetically Modified ingredients (GMO-free) has proven to be the safest and most effect choice for informed women.